D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, August 29, 2011






This week was so fantastic! We had two baptisms. They are two brothers named Leo and Alex. I love them with all my heart they are both like two little lights in my life. They are 16 and 13. Their parents aren't members but their whole family, like grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins, are members. Leo has been taught before and has wanted to be baptized for so long. So teaching him was pretty easy, he had some good questions though and we were able to help him figure them out. His little brother didn't seem as excited to hear from us at first and then more and more he's just loved being with us and hearing the things we have to share. He is so special. Their mom didn't want them to be baptized so it has been a real battle with her because she wouldn't even agree to talk to us even once and we had to help Leo and Alex get up the courage they needed. It was so sweet to see them have so much respect and love for their mom. They just wanted to at least have her permission. They had a really long talk with her and she finally told them they can do whatever they want. So we were able to get their father to sign the permission paper. Their whole family was there to support them. We sang the song called "I'll find you my friend" in Spanish. I don't know how we pulled it off because both of us were choking up. But it turned out really neat. It was freezing cold that night and the water was really cold too but the neatest part was that both Leo and Alex said that when their uncle who baptized them started saying the prayer they felt a warmth start at their toes and go all the way up to their heads. Isn't that so awesome! We are so blessed here. The members love us and we are finding new people to teach all the time. Thank you for your prayers. I know that they are working miracles here. I got so sick yesterday. I drank some tap water at an investigator's house and when we got home I was hurting reeealy bad, haha. I spent the whole night running to the bathroom, the whole night. I mostly had the runs but I threw up once too. I definitely learned my lesson. Never, ever drink water from the tap EVER. I hope your week is really great!

No comments:

Post a Comment