D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, August 22, 2011

It's been a really fun week. So, I am going to tell you about the baptism we had this Saturday. It was for the son of an investigator I had the first time I was here. Her name is Melva and she has a twelve year old daughter and a ten year old son. They are so cute and so much fun. Her daughter was taught and baptized by a couple of elders about a month ago. Yoli, the daughter came to church with her brother and he said he wanted to get baptized. We tried once to get him baptized but at the last minute his mom cancelled on us for a really lame excuse. So this weekend we tried again but were getting the feeling that she was going to do the same thing again so we decided we needed to do the baptism quick. We decided to go by her house and talk her into having the baptism Saturday instead of Sunday morning. We gave a lesson on the 2000 strippling warriors. My companion bore a beautiful testimony about motherhood and how much she loved her mom. Melva cried and after we offered to pay for the taxi to bring them to the baptism she agreed. So we had two hours to call our mission leader and somehow warm up the font and get people invited and buy refreshments. It totally worked out. We were literally running everywhere and making phone calls haha. It was a really great baptism. Me and my comp and Yoli sang "We are as the Army of Helaman" to Diego It was so fun. And the warm water , guess what we had to do, we carried two big pots of hot, hot water about a block to the church. It was so funny that night I laughed so hard picturing us carrying those pots. But what a great experience. I loved it. Things are going so good. We have cambios this week so I don't know what will happen. But you know what, I'm not scared. I feel so confident that things will work out. I hope you have a great week! I can't wait to tell you about what happens next. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment