D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Surgery in Bolivia


Can you believe I ended up needing surgery here.
I was sick for a couple of days with a stomach ache and a high fever. My companion was so sweet and carefully watched over me the whole time. She even wiped down my arms, legs and forehead with washcloths that had a mixture of water and alcohol. It was so nice of her. She did all she could to help me feel comfortable. Then I had to go to our doctors office and there I took a couple of blood tests and he checked my stomache. After that we came to find I needed surgery that same day. I broke down. I wish I could say I didn't but I did. I was so afraid and wishing so much that I didn't have to go through surgery in a differet country. My companion tried to cheer me up by telling me that I could talk to my family but I ended up not being able to, which is probably a good thing because I would've just cried the whole time. I wasn't at peace until I was on the gurney. My companion held my hand the whole way to the hospital. After surgery I couldn't feel my body from the waist down and that made me panic. I started sweating and crying then a nurse came to tell me it was part of the anesthesia and that it would wear off soon. I had to pray and sing "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" a few times before I could calm down. I was so overjoyed when I could feel my toes again haha. I had to spend a day and a morning after that in the hospital. It felt like prison. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I could only eat broth and jello and crackers. Afterwards, I still needed injections so they kept the thingy in my arm so that my companion could give me the shots in the morning and at night. She was a nurse before the mission and Hermana Torrez was also working in a hospital. I felt so comforted knowing they had experience and would make sure everthing was done right. Hermana Castro was an enormous blessing. I cried when she had to go to a different area because she reminded me so much of my mom. I don't have to take anymore medicine or injections. I am so grateful for the help I have been given from the Lord. I know He is working through so many people to lift me up and help me through this time of my life. I'm getting my stitches out tomorrow! I wish I could talk to you on the phone so bad but I'll have to wait just a little while longer. I love you so much. Thank you for your help through prayers and your emails. I wish I could express how much I appreciate you. I hope you like the pictues haha. My companions kept me laughing during this long week. Time passed by so slow for me during all this. I am so excited to ge back t o work. We have one investigator who is for sure getting baptized this month. I can't wait to see that happen. Her name is Claudia, she is a girlfriend of one of the son's of a very special family in our ward. I love them so much, they ask me to translate things into spanish for them haaha. One of the daughters gave me an empty box of brownies to take home and translate the directions from english to spanish. I 'm sure it sounded so bad to her but she said she could understand it. I'm starting to feel more at home here. I love you so much. I hope you know how much I value our family. In my eyes everyone is so beautiful and perfect. I miss you, have a great week.



No comments:

Post a Comment