D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011


It's so funny to me that my mom said she feels like time is going by slow because this week has felt really slow for me too. Honestly, there are times when I feel like I'm going to be in Bolivia for the rest of my life haha. But I'm so grateful for this experience. I've met a couple people who are truly awesome. One woman came to church all on her own because she is having so many difficulties in her life and she was seeking help from the Lord. She prays a lot and is close to the Lord. Her life is so complicated. I feel so bad for her but I'm so happy for her because she accepted a baptismal date in our first visit with her. Also, we met someone who is very much like her minus the super complicated life. He prays a lot and believes that its important that we have a prophet to guide us today. He also said if he comes to know the things we teach are true he'll be baptised. I am so amazed at how much the Lord prepares people to accept the gospel. Our investigator, Claudia's baptism is coming up. Whenever we visit her she is just beaming. It's so special to feel her excitement and see the change in her countenance. One sad thing is that she is actually living outside our area so we won't be able to finish teaching her. She was visiting the family of her boyfriend who live in our ward when we met her and we have been teaching her at their house. I hope we can get special permission to go to her baptism. There is a huge void in my heart because I can't be with my family, but I am filling it with the people I know and love here. I can't wait for the fun times we'll have when I'm back home. I'm so grateful I can email you. The pictures attached are of my first time eating pizza in Bolivia. I wanted pizza for such a long time and my companions said we would get pizza after my surgery so when we finally did I had to get a picture. We ate the whole thing in one sitting haha. I want to get recipes from my pensionista but guess what she told me. She doesn't have any. She cooks from memory always. My comp told me that mostly everyone learns how to make things by practice and watching their moms cook. The recipies are passed down through lots of generations. Cool huh? But she said I could watch and take notes so I can try to replicate it when I get home. That'll be interesting haha. I hope you all have a fantastic week! Oh I have comp changes this week. I don't know if I'll stay or go. I'm so nervous! But I know whatever needs to happen will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment