D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Week 4

I love you all and miss you everyday but its a blessing that I can know how important it is to be here and the fact that I sacrificed the thing that means the very most to me,to serve a mission makes it so much more meaningful. We got to hear from Elder Ballard yesterday! Isn't that awesome, three apostals in three weeks. That never happens usually. I'm so happy that we have the opportunity to hear from them. He had so many wonderful things to say. I'll always treasure the times I've had here and the things I've learned. Oh I'm not going to Peru today. We found out last week that our visas didn't come so we have to wait and see if they come before the halfway mark of our MTC training. If they do we will be sent to Peru. I want you to know I recieved an answer to my prayers. We've had four different teachers in our three weeks here so we are way behind the other districts. It was not a good feeling. Most of the time I felt so lost and overwhelmed and thought I'd never be able to survive being in Peru because I hardly know Spanish. I almost cried in class a couple times because we have been pulled in so many different directions by the different teachers. They all have different ideas of how we should do things and what we should focus on. Anyway, we finally got a new (hopefully permanent) teacher.He is so great! He is one of the most organized people I've ever met. He has everything planned out for us so that we make the most of our study time and he has goals for us to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly so that we are fluent by the time we leave the MtC. It was exactly what we needed. I am definately being strengthened and helped through my trials. You know whats really funny I think I've only had a couple days so far where I've felt good. I got sick a few days ago because Elder Brown sits next to me and he was sick. So I've just gone on acting like everything is fine. It just makes me laugh because that seems to be one of the most used trials of my mission so far. But I'm just grateful it is bringing me closer to the Lord and all my experiences are refining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment