D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm most likely staying here instead of going to Peru. Elder Bednar and his wife came yesterday! I am really starting to wonder what is going to happen on my mission because I feel so much help and support from the Lord right now. Maybe I'm going to really need that later. I'm sure I will it just makes me curious. Anyway he talked about how any answer can be answered with doctrine. And it should be answered with doctrine. I loved it because its so true and it helps people learn how to become spiritually independant. We also got to hear from Sherry Dew. She was so amazing! I loved hearing from her. She talked about how short our time here is and that once someone told her to think of this life being three minutes long so she asked us if we thought we could be good for three minutes haha. It really puts things into perspective huh? This life has such a huge impact on our lives after this. Every day I am more amazed at how wonderful the plan of happiness is. So things are going pretty good with my companions. They make me laugh a lot and they're both so strong. I feel so blessed to know so many good elders. The ones we have in our district and zone are all really impressive. They have such testimonies of the gospel and they speak with a lot of power. I love it! The elders in our district make me laugh so hard. The other day they were singing the phantom of the opera in spanish. It was hilarious. Elder Prince teases me a lot. I wear both my jacket and my raincoat to class because the elders refuse to turn off the ac and he always points out that I am freezing most of the time. Our teachers are the only ones who take pity on us and ask the elders to turn down the ac. I am really loving teaching. It’s honestly my favorite part of being here. I 'm learning how important it is to teach with the spirit. It feels so good to teach to someone’s needs and know that you've said something important for them to hear. Spanish is coming along. I still don't know enough to sound older than a five year old haha. But it will come, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment