D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I feel like a ton of stuff has happened this last week. I have gone through so many changes. Our new Spanish teacher is a bit hard for me to be patient with because he seems to not have a filter or something. He comes off as harsh and unfeeling sometimes and he's said some things about sister missionaries that weren't very nice. But Heavenly Father helped me see that wasn't okay to focus on the things about him I didn't like because we are all learning and we're all so different. It was a sobering experience for me because I know I have so many things that I need to work on. Guess what is so great! I have calluses on my knees!!! Its evidence that I am praying all the time. Oh I had a dream that I was called to serve in Texas a couple nights ago. Weird huh? I am interested to see if it was put into my mind to help me prepare for that or if it was just a wacky dream. We gave our first lesson in Spanish. It was so amazing. This gift of tongues is so real. Words came to me and I was able to put sentences together that mostly made sense. I also bore my testimony and felt the spirit so strong. Missionary work is so amazing it is truly helping me become who I really am. The reason why I say that is because we had a member of the seventy come for the devotional yesterday and he was so powerful. It was a huge blessing to have four apostles come and then a member of the seventy because I was able to see that God speaks through them just as powerfully as the apostles. Honestly I was just flooded with the spirit. I was fighting back tears the whole time because he was speaking straight to my heart. He talked to us about how knowing we are disciples of Jesus Christ makes us act differently than we would if we didn't know that. He asked us to look in the mirror every morning as a child of God and not just the person we think we are. Because we have no idea what we are capable of. I could go on and on about the things he said but just know it was incredible. We are speaking a lot of Spanish lately. It’s hard but so worth it. I just keep thinking that I am assisting Heavenly Father and Jesus in their work to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. How incredible is that.

And we all have that opportunity, not just missionaries. I just want you to know that I know the Savior lives and through His atonement we can change and become who we really are. It’s happening to me little by little every day. There are Christmas decorations up in the bookstore here already. I am so excited for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment