D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh, My Goodness!!!

Alright I'm so full of a million different emotions! This is the last e-mail I'm going to be sending you from the MTC. Aaaaah! I'm so happy though, most of my packing is done. I just have to weigh it and hope to high heaven it’s the right weight. You might be getting some packages from me in the next little while if my bags are too heavy. So this is my flight plan we're going to be at the Salt Lake airport around nine or ten, we fly to the airport in Kennedy, New York, next I'll be headed to Peru. My next flight will take me to my mission in Santa Cruz Bolivia!!! Crazy crazy stuff. It's going to take us almost two days to get there. We leave Friday and get to Bolivia on Saturday afternoon so basically I will have the Spanish language down before I get there haha I wish. The temple was so nice today. We stayed longer than normal today because it was the last time we will be able to be in the temple for sixteen months. I got emotional thinking about what it must have felt like for the Saints to leave their temple in the days of Joseph Smith. The temple is such a beautiful place. We truly are blessed to have them so near to us. Guess what was super crazy, I saw Justin Wall on my walk back from the temple! He said hi to us and I'm not totally sure he recognized me. I recognized him after he passed us because he was going kind of fast on a bike but it about gave me a heart attack. I haven't seen anyone I know around here so I was totally unprepared to see him. I totally had my prayers answered the other night during the devotional. There is something about getting closer to departure, lately for me it’s been me feeling like I'm unworthy to be doing this. But during the talks that were given I just felt the most overwhelming feeling inside of me. I pictured the Savior and from the words that were spoken, I understood for a moment the love that He has for me and how much mercy He has shown me because He has perfect love. The speaker's name was Elder Zwick from the seventy. He said his handicapped son asked him if he knew Jesus once. Elder Zwick then asked us if we could say we know Jesus. Often times I paint the Savior being only slightly harder on me than I am on myself but more and more I realize just how wrong that is. It’s almost embarassing to admit I've thought of Him being this way. I appreciate so much the experiences I've had here at the MTC. I've learned so much about the Savior and Heavenly Father. I've taught lessons over and over about their perfect gospel and the spirit is continually testifying to me in every one that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and He is the only way we can attain eternal life. Over and over today I've pictured myself holding the Savior's hand or being a child cradled in the arms of my Heavenly Father. These images bring me so much peace. The reason why I picture the second thing is because we have seen the Joseph Smith movie three times while we've been here and every time when Joseph is about to have his leg operated on he glances up at his father with so much trust in his eyes even though he is so scared. It is so symbolic for me because I feel like I am about to go through something wonderful but very difficult and I'm constantly looking to Him in hope and trust that everything will be okay because I am in His constant care. I hope you feel like this too. I love you so much and I can't wait to hear your voice!!! It will be so wonderful. Anyway have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment