D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Friday, October 29, 2010

A Look into the Near Future

Well, I'm done with week 2! On to my last week here in Provo. We got our travel information last week so we will be leaving the U.S. early Wednesday morning. I'm so excited but the more I think about it, the more nervous I get. I've met sister missionaries from all over. I even talked with and did my best to comfort the sisters in my residence floor who are from Pakistan, Brazil, and the Philippines. They were sad last night because they were homesick. They have birthdays coming up in November and that's got to be rough! I talked to one sister for a long time about it and she told me the food is so different here and she misses home but she prays and the Lord blesses her really quickly. I met another sister from the Ukraine and she really inspired me. She was so brave as she sat by us at lunch and spoke to us in broken English. Thankfully I understood her. But it really struck me then that I'll be in her shoes in a week. I'll be surrounded by Spanish speaking missionaries. I'm excited to be immersed in the language and the culture. I know I will learn a lot very quickly. Ive been told the food in Peru and Bolivia will be very strong at first because they use so many spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment