D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, February 28, 2011

This week was so good and then Saturday came haha. I was a little irritated becauses my Spanish was not good during one of our lessons witha couple teenage girls and one of them had really hard time focusing on what we were saying. She was funny and just kept trying to make us laugh but I felt like the reason she lost focus was because my Spanish is so bad. Anyway after this we tried to find an investigator's house. My companion didn't remember where she lived but I remembered her and her directions really well. Which is very rare for me because so often I get turned around here. The streets and house numbers are so unorganized I have to remember most of the homes we visit by trees or stores that are nearby haha. She was so happy to see us and we got talking with her about her family and found out things aren't so good with her husband. He is not good to her at all and she is depressed most of the time because of the way he treats her. So when we explained the plan of salvation she started crying. It was such a precious moment for me to feel how much the Savior loves her and how important our timing was to share the things we did with her. She accepted a baptismal date in March! I am so excited. I was feeling so good and all charged by the spirit and then we went to a baptism for a little girl in our ward and I was asked to give the message. I don't know why but I got so nervous. I was so afraid to give a talk on baptism, I felt like I couldn't do it and I started to cry. My companion helped me find a scripture and told me to just bare my testimony afterwards. I fumbled through the whole thing fighting back tears. Afterwards I bawled like a baby, I honestly had no clue at this moment why I was sent to Bolivia for my mission. My companion said so many things that helped me feel better but the one that helped the most was when she told me the Lord can see how much this experinece will help me in my life and I need to trust in him and not in myself. And on the way home the thought came to me that I promised specific people that I would find and teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can't even explain how this made me feel. Even now I can feel the same strong spirit testifying that this is true. I am so grateful I was given such a powerful witness of the Spirit, it has helped me so much. My companion is so stressed and unhappy because she wants so much to be perfect. It makes me really sad because I can see how much of a toll this takes on her. I tried to help her but she isn't doing much better. I am really missing food from home haha. Even quick spaghetti, I know I can hardly believe it myself. I'm so looking forward to the time when I'll be with my family again. I miss you all so much. Tell everyone I love them and think of them often. I hope you all have a really good week. I won't be able to email next Monday because there is a holiday called carnival where people soak each other with water and paint for three days haha. So we won't be able to leave our apartment for the 6,7, and 8 of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment