D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!!

I love you all so much! Parents can make such a difference in the lives of their children. The other day I had the worst luck haha. I hit my head on the doorway of a bus because they are built for people who are a foot shorter than me. My skirt flew up around my waist because the wind here is so crazy, and I had a little two year old swear at me when I said goodbye to him. Honestly, the most heart breaking moment was when the little kid swore at me. It was so strange to feel so hurt by a word I couldn't understand. It hurt to think of him hearing that word often enough that he could understand what it meant and how to use it. He was upset because he wanted to leave so bad but his mom wanted to listen to us. I'm so grateful that I was able to grow up in a home where the Spirit could always be felt. Sometimes I feel like when I overcome something the Lord immediatly presents another opportunity to grow. I have to work really hard to remember that I don't need to trust in my abilities or what I think I can do but to trust in the Lord. We have had two all day meetings with missionaries from other zones that lasted from eight in the morning till six at night. we had to practice in front of everybody, talk about nerve wracking because at the same time Pesident Calderon would critique us on the spot. I think I did okay. But at the end of our last meeting he said we'll be getting 25 new misssionaries this next cambio. And five of them are sister missionaries, Hermana Calderon said this is evidence that the lord has a lot of trust in us because that means a lot of us will be training. I almost said "crap!" haha because that scares me so much. I just can't imagine myself ever being ready to take on that responsibility with what little knowdledge I have. But I'm trying to learn as much as I can to prepare for it just in case that's what the Lord wants me to do. Thank you so much for the ipod. Tell Hayley thank you, thank you!! My companion loves it too. (That's the only package I've received of the ones you've sent mom). I found out that not only do we have to wait for the packages to come from the US but sometimes the Elders don't pick up the packages that are in the offices. So I have to be really patient with them haha. We got to go to the baptism of Claudia! It was so beautiful. The Spirit there was so sweet. I loved it so much. I felt so excited about our work. Also, we have a baptism this weekend for Aide! I took a picture of her daughter Angi she is so crazy haha. I love her. She is so sweet and fun. Her mom read all the pamphlets we gave her and she answered the questios in the back of them which investigators rarely do. She is so well prepared to recieve the gospel in her life. I miss singing with my mom. Singing with people is a different experience here. My companion along with the majority of people here are tone deaf haha. It cracks me up when we sing without a piano. Anyway, I hope your week is fantastic and full of happy moments. I love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment