D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11

It sounds wonderful to have so many people there for the fourth. It was really cold here for the fourth. It was too hard to imagine it being summer there. But its hot again now. The weather here so so crazy. You never know what to expect. I had a really great birthday. My companion and the hermanas we live with made me breakfast in bed and then we ordered pizza that night! It was so much fun and a few people called me to tell me happy birthday. It was so nice even though it was kind of against the rules. But its nice to know that the Elders care and want to help me feel better about not being with my family for my birthday. I was so blessed. It was so nice. I still can't bring myself to say I'm 22. Its just too weird. It was a little hard honestly to not be with you all like always for my birthday but I didn't get too sad about it because I got so much help from others and from Heavenly Father. So lately I've been getting a little sad because I feel like I'm halfway through my mission and I'm not sure I've helped a whole lot even though I'm trying so hard. But I know that feelings like that will pass. I just can't think things like that because they don't do anything to help. I realize that the times I feel the saddest are the times I think about myself. So I'm going to try harder to look beyond the things that are hard for me and focus on just helping others in any way I can. We are going to have cambios this week. I don't know what to think. There are pros and cons about staying or leaving But I know whatever happens will be for the best. So I want to tell you about some stuff. There are lots of animal shaped bushes here. They love to do bush art work here. They are pretty creative. My favorite is this big rubber duck shaped bush on one of the corners we always pass. I'll send a picture next time. I was feeling a little unworthy to be here and praying and praying for help to overcome that feeling and I read Mosiah 28:4,7 they helped me so much. I can honestly say I receive answers to my prayers every single day. I got my hair cut here for 15 bolivianos, that's like two bucks. But she did a good job and I don't have lice! haha I bought one of those pan flutes for my birthday. I can make sounds with it! I am so happy. Last Monday, I was kind of having a bad day. My feet hurt so bad I could hardly walk and the buses here are super crazy, so that being said, after we went to the grocery store and got on a bus full of people I was struggling. I couldn't get my hands on any of the bars and I fell into my companion and she fell into a few people because of me. Then this old man reached up and told me to give him my bags. I was reluctant at first then I gave in. He had such a warm smile on his face. Then when he got off he told me to take his seat. I cried after he left because I felt like the Lord really reached out to me and helped me in that moment. I know He lives and works through us. I am so grateful He helps me so much. I can't wait to be with all of you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment