D&C 84:88

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

Monday, November 7, 2011







My comp and I have been getting sick back and forth. But I heard a testimony on Sunday that made me feel a lot better. The guy was talking about trials and how they are proof that Heavenly Father loves us. He said that they are meant to show to what point we choose to do the will of the Father. That really hit me and made me think if I am always choosing to do what He wants me to or if I'm letting my trial prohibit or discourage me. I have to admit I think that has happened. I thought after having a year in the mission everything would be down hill from here and the trials would seem like nothing because I am going home soon but that is not the case. I feel silly for thinking that. We got to baptize Shirley who had her baby alone in her bathroom and then carried him to the hospital in a backpack so he wouldn't get soaked by the rain, that Shirley. She's so amazing I really admire her faith and how she has gotten through so much. Her baby was born premature and had to have surgery on his eyes but he is coming out of the hospital in only two weeks and Shirley doesn't have anything. So yesterday in our ward counsel meeting we asked the relief society to please put together a little baby shower for her so she can be prepared to bring home her new baby boy. She named him Benji after the guy who baptized her, I think that's really sweet. We went to their house after the baptism and it absolutely poured! We were all walking all the way to the house because they don't have a car. But we were all laughing and having a great time getting soaked. Then, they gave us shirts to change into so we wouldn't get sick. Then after that the grandma gave us towels for our heads. I was so touched by how kind she was being even though they had so little and their roof was leaking everywhere and soaking one of the beds completely. It was so incredible to see a family in such hard circumstances be so happy and so giving. We got a huge grasshopper in our room last night. It flew in our room and we seriously thought it was a weird type of bird because it was that big! It took a lot of work to find it after it hid itself under my comps stuff. This all happen at midnight haha. Crazy huh? Then a littler one flew into our kitchen so we were feeling like we experienced a mini plague haha.















No comments:

Post a Comment